Volume 6, Number 1, 2021, P. 60–66
[ PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 587 KB, downloads: 152)
In the conditions of project management in all industries, specialists are required not only a high level of proficiency in modern technologies, but also the skills of teamwork, the ability to quickly adapt to emerging new working conditions, while showing mobility, independence, creativity, that is, to be a mobile team performer. For the development of this competence, especially students of non-language areas and profiles, active teaching methods are known to be the most effective. The aim of the study is to justify the importance and effectiveness of active teaching methods when teaching a foreign language to students of technical profiles of the university as a means of developing team competence. The method of researching active methods of team competence was based on materials of study and analysis of sources on the problem, definition and use of methods (experimentation, identification and testing of active methods and technologies, development of diagnostic. The novelty of the study is seen by the authors in the use of active methods as a means of forming the competence of the work in the team of students (including bilinguals) technical profiles by means of foreign language, as well as in determining the mechanisms for assessing the formation of this competence. The use of the most effective teaching methods has shown a sufficient level of team competence of students; diagnostic methods for assessing the formation of students’ readiness to work in a team have been clarified. The reliability of the results is confirmed by the conclusions of experts from among the teachers of other departments (10 people); using mathematical methods of processing statistics (quantitative, qualitative and parametric analysis, data registration, scaling, averages, tcriterion11, F-criterion Fischer).
teamwork, competence, specificity of non-language training, bilingual students, active teaching methods, foreign language
Anna Д. Malysheva, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Technical Disciplines, Institute of Foreign Philology and Regional Studies, North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov, Yakutsk, Russia
Alla D. Nikolaeva, Doctor of Pedagogy, Professor, Head of the Department of Pedagogy, Educational Institute, North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov, Yakutsk, Russia
Malysheva A.D., Nikolaeva A.D. (2021) Building the competence of teamwork through active learning methods. Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. Vol. 6. No. 1. P. 60–66. (In Russ.)
- Gorylev A.I. (2015) Designing training and educational programs based on the Tuning methodology. Nizhnii Novgorod. 127 p. (In Russ.)
- Kopylova N.A. (2017) Using the technology of dialogue teaching in practical classes in a foreign language at a technical university. Inostrannye yazyki: lingvisticheskie i metodicheskie aspekty = Foreign languages: linguistic and methodological aspects. No. 37. P. 77–82. (In Russ.)
- Malysheva A.D. (2017) Active teaching methods as a means of forming readiness to work in a team of bilingual students. Nauchnye issledovaniya v oblasti pedagogiki i psikhologii: materialy II Mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoprakticheskoi konferentsii (Saratov, 25 aprelya 2017 g.) = Scientific research in the field of pedagogy and psychology: materials of the II International Scientific and Practical Conference (Saratov, April 25, 2017). Saratov: Publishing house: Federal Center for Science and Education Evenyu. Issue 2. P. 25–30. (In Russ.)
- Nikolaeva A.D., Malysheva A.D. (2017) Formation of team competence of students in foreign language classes. Diskussiya = Discussion. No. 5(79). P. 102–109. (In Russ.)
- Panyukova A.A, Dudareva V.I. (2016) Developing lesson methods to enhance students’ teamwork skills. Real life project. Sovremennye informatsionnye tekhnologii i ITobrazovanie = Modern Information Technology and IT — Education. Moscow. P. 211–218. (In Russ.)
- Pshennikova V.V. (2017) The role of teamwork experience in the formation of the sub-ectity of a future specialist. Kul’turnye trendy sovremennoi Rossii: ot natsional’nykh istochnikov k kul’turnym innovatsiyam: sbornik dokladov V Vserossiiskoi (s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem) nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii studentov, magistrantov, aspirantov i molodykh uchenykh (Belgorod, 14 aprelya 2017 g.)= Cultural trends in modern Russia: from national sources to cultural innovations: a collection of reports of the V All-Russian (with international participation) scientific and practical conference of students, undergraduates, graduate students and young scientists. (Belgorod, April 14, 2017). Belgorod State Institute of Arts and Culture. P. 84–86. (In Russ.)
- Ryumina V.A., Markelova N.Yu. (2017) Testing in a foreign language as part of a competent approach. Aktual’nye zadachi lingvistiki, lingvodidaktiki i mezhkul’turnoi kommunikatsii. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov = Actual problems of linguistics, linguodidactics and intercultural communication. Collection of scientific papers. P. 201–205. (In Russ.)
- Semenov V.A., Tikhonov-Bugrov D.E. (2017) Razvitie kompetentsii «Umenie rabotat’ v komande» v ramkakh kursa «Inzhenernaya i komp’yuternaya grafika». Sovremennoe obrazovanie: soderzhanie, tekhnologii, kachestvo = Modern education: content, technology, quality. Vol. 2. P. 66–68. (In Russ.)
- Khusainova R.R., Gubaidullina G.T. (2017) Teamwork as the main factor in the adaptation of university students . Uchenye zapiski Al’met’evskogo gosudarstvennogo neftyanogo institute = Bulletin of Almetyevsk State Oil Institute. Vol. XVI. P. 348–351. (In Russ.)
- Belbin Team Role Report for Jo Pink Colourful Company PLC Rainbow HR (2012). URL.: http://www.belbin.com/media/1206/jo-pink-self-perceptionplus-observers-report. BELBIN.
- Cohen E.J. (1998) Making Cooperative Learning Equitable. Educational leadership = Educational leadership. Vol. 56. No. 1. P. 18–21.
- Collins N., Chou Y.-M., Warner M., Rowley C. (2017) Human factors in east asian virtual teamwork: a comparative study of Indonesia, Taiwan and Vietnam. International Journal of Human Resource Management = International Journal of Human Resource Management. Vol. 28. No. 10. P. 1475–1498.
- Estey A. (2008) Teaching teamwork and communication skills by using a studio-based learning model in a multidisciplinary course on game design. A Thesis for the Degree of Master of Science. Melbourne. P. 28–32.
- Katz N.H., Lowe A., Mischenko P. (2017) Organizational impact analysis of the training program «Birth order type habits model: leadership and teamwork». Obrazovanie lichnosti = Personality education. No.1. P. 41–46.
- Konopka, C. L., Adaime, M. B., & Mosele, P. H. (2015). Active Teaching and Learning Methodologies: Some Considerations. Creative Education, No. 6. P. 1536–1545. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ce.2015.614154 (Аccessed: 01.03.2021).
- Makkin D. (2007) Sovety i taktika dlya effektivnykh komand na rabochem meste. Amacom, New York. P. 45–53.
- Malysheva A. (2017) Teaching teamwork skills of IT students. Sciences of Europe = Sciences of Europe. Karlín, Praha. Vol. 4, No. 11 (11). P. 27.
- Marques M., Ochoa S.F. (2014) Improving teamwork in students software projects. Teoksessa 2014 IEEE 27th Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE T). P. 99–108. URL.: https://doi.org/10.1109/CSEET.2014.6816787.
- Nikolaeva A.D., Barakhsanova E.A., Golikov A.I.i dr. (2016) Linguistic Determination of the Personality. Indian Journal of Science and Technology = Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Vol. 9(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/89412, March 2016.
- Salas E., Thayer A.L., Shuffler M.L., Bedwell W.L., Lazzara E.H. (2015) Understanding and improving teamwork in organizations: a scientifically based practical guide. Human Resource Management = Human Resource Management. Vol. 54. No. 4. P. 599–622.
- Turner M.E. (2012) Groups at work: theory and research. Routledge, New York. P. 36–38.