Volume 7 (2022), № 4, P. 309–315
[ PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 274 KB, downloads: 21)
The paper presents an analysis of the major problems that the university community faces in the modern practice of organizing and implementing master’s education in Russian universities. To develop of master’s education in the Russian higher education, it is useful to turn to the experience of the leading countries of higher education in the world. The system of higher education in the USA is of research interest. A brief overview of the types of master’s programs in American universities is presented.
higher education, master’s degree, master’s education, modern Russian magistracy, magistracy
in the USA
Irina N. Burkova, Natalya L. Korshunova
Far Eastern Federal University,
Vladivostok, Russian Federation
Burkova I. N., Korshunova N. L. (2022) Master’s education in Russia: status and possibility to
use foreign experience (problem statement). Sotsialnaya kompetentnost = Social Competence. Vol. 7. No. 4. P. 309–315. (In Russ.).
- Darkhanova T. M., Portyagina M. A. (2017) Study on Motives of undertaking a master’s degree in the context of improving the quality of education. Vestnik Buryatskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta imeni Banzarova = Vestnik of Banzarov Buryat State University. No.7. P. 122-129. (In Russ.).
- Dzhurinskiy A. N. (2017) Higher education in the modern world: trends and problems. Moscow: Prometei. 230 p. (In Russ.).
- Ermakova Zh. A., Nikulina Yu. N. (2017) The quality of education from the viewpoint of consumers of educational services at the university. Kreativnaya ekonomika = Creative Economy. No. 11(7). P. 725-734. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Garmonova A. V., Shcheglova D. V. (2020). The history of the creation of master’s programs: academic track vs labor market (experience of master’s programs in economics at Voronezh State University). Transformatsiya vysshego obrazovaniya: keisy rossiiskoi magistratury = Transformation of Higher Education: Cases of the Russian Master’s Program. Moscow: MAKS Press. P. 9-34. (In Russ.).
- Katashinskikh V. S., Kulminskaya A. V. (2017) Contradictions of Students’ Educational Orientations for Master’s Degrees in Modern Conditions. Izvestiya Ural’skogo federal’nogo universiteta = Izvestia. Ural Federal University Journal. Series 2: Humanities and Аrts. Vol. 12. No. 3 (167). P. 82–90. (In Russ.).
- Makarova S. N., Reznik S. D. (2019) Master’s Degree Students at Russian Universities: Social Behavior and Quality of Training. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 28. No. 11. P. 9-21. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Muravyeva А. А., Oleynikova O. N. (2020) Master programs through the prism of international compatibility. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. Seriya: Sotsial’nye nauki = Vestnik of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod. Series: Social Sciences. No. 2(58). P. 164–172. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Nechaev V. D., Evstigneev M. P., Dushko V. R. (2019) The Model of ‘Product’ Magistracy for Engineering Education. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 57-66. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Serova A. V. (2020) The image of the magistracy in the Federal state educational standards of three generations. Transformatsiya vysshego obrazovaniya: keisy rossiiskoi magistratury =Transformation of Higher Education: Cases of the Russian Master’s Program. Moscow: MAKS Press. 244 p. P. 35-64. (In Russ.)
- Garmonova A. V., Shcheglova D. V. (2020b) Russian masters’ student: education strategies and professional goals. HSE Institute of Education. Moscow: HSE. 36 p. (In Russ.).
- Opfer E. A. (2021). Transformations of Magistracy in Russia. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 30. No. 1. P. 36-48. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Petrova O. V., Chepyuk O. R., Makarova S. D., Mariko V. V., Gorylev A. I. (2021) Master’s Programs in Russia: Four Paths of Future Development. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 30. No. 8-9. P. 20-33. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Pozdeeva I. (2018) [Master ’s Degree Environment as a Space for Personal Professional Development of Students and Professors]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossi = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 27. No. 3. P. 144-152. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Senashenko V. S., Pykhtina N. A. (2017) Continuity of Undergraduate and Graduate Programs as a Key Factor of the Quality Assurance in Higher Education. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher education in Russia. No. 12 (218). P. 13-25. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.)
- Smolyaninova O. G., Ivanov N. A. (2020) Some aspects of training in bachelor-master system in the information society. Vestnik Kostromskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Pedagogika. Psikhologiya. Sotsiokinetika = Vestnik of Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics. Vol. 26. No. 2. P. 154-160 (In Russ.).
- Stukalova I. B. (2018) Development of Magistracy: Preconditions, Problems and Perspectives. Sovremennoe obrazovanie = Modern Education. No. 3. P. 1-8. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Tkhagapsoev Kh. G. (2019) University: Toward “Beyond the Horizon” Strategy. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. Vol. 28. No. 8-9. P. 83-90. (In Russ., abstract in Eng.).
- Bound J., Braga B., Khanna G., Turner S. (2021) The Globalization of Postsecondary Education: The Role of International Students in the US Higher Education System. Journal of Economic Perspectives. Vol. 35(1). P. 163-184.
- Gallagher S. R. (2016) The future of university credentials: New developments at the intersection of higher education and hiring. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press. 254 p.
- Glazer-Raymo J. E. (2005) Professionalizing graduate education: The master’s degree in the marketplace. ASHE Higher Education Report. Vol. 31(4). P. 1-137.
- Isopahkala-Bouret U. (2015) It’s considered a second class thing. The differences in status between traditional and newly established higher education credentials. Studies in Higher Education. Vol. 40(7). P. 1291-1306.
- Jung J., Lee S. J. (2019) Exploring the factors of pursuing a master’s degree in South Korea. Higher Education. Vol. 78. P. 855-870.
- Kehm B. M., Teichler U. (2006) Which direction for bachelor and master programmes? A stocktaking of the Bologna process. Tertiary Education and Management. Vol. 12(4). P. 269-282.
- Morgan M. (2014) Patterns, drivers and challenges pertaining to postgraduate taught study: An international comparative analysis. Higher Education Research and Development. Vol. 33(6). P. 1150-1165.
- Zhou E., Gao J. (2021) Graduate enrollment and degrees: 2010 to 2020. Washington, DC: Council of Graduate Schools. 83 p.