Volume 3, Number 2, 2018, P. 48–53
[ JURIDICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 198 KB, downloads: 489)
The article considers the crimes against the family and minors in the criminal legislation of the USSR and the Russian Federation, emphasizes the conditionality of family and marriage law by economic, social and other factors, as well as by the social system. It examines the role of criminal law norms in the protection of family values including the rights of family members and the evolution of post-revolutionary Russian law on the protection of the rights of family members. The authors show the attitude of the RSFSR Criminal Code to the responsibility for crimes representing survival of local customs and compare the attitude of Criminal Codes of the RSFSR and the Russian Federation to crimes that encroach on the equality of men and women. The article also discusses the evolution of the norms of modern Criminal Code of the Russian Federation about responsibility for domestic abuse and other domestic crimes. The results of the study provide proposals aimed at improving the current legislation. Specifically, it is proposed to impose criminal liability for such crimes as taking the bride price by parents, relatives or the bride’s relatives, forcing a woman to marry or preventing marriage, bigamy or polygamy. In addition, it is recommended to criminalize such form of domestic violence as bodily blows. The authors point out that the criminal law aimed at protecting the most important personal rights including those relating to equality must be stable. This is especially important for protecting the rights of participants in the most important social relations to which the family belongs.
family, family-friendly, crimes against family and minors
Evgeniya A. Zhila, a Lecturer, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Vladimir G. Tatarnikov, Candidate of Judicial Sciences, Associate Professor of Jurisprudence Department, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Zhila E.A., Tatarnikov V.G. Criminal liability for crimes encroaching on gender equality provided by law of the USSR and the Russian federation. Social Competence. 2018, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 48–53. (in Russian).
- Arkhiv Marksa i Engel’sa [Marx and Engels Archive]. In 15 vol. Vol. 9. Marks K. Konspekt knigi L’yuisa G. Morgana “Drevnee obshchestvo” [Marx K. Book Review by Lewis H. Morgan “Ancient Society”]. Moscow: Gospolitizdat Publ., 1941, 216 p. (In Russian).
- Boskholov S.S., Tarasova M.V. Problemy kriminalizatsii i dekriminalizatsii prestuplenii v Ugolovnom kodekse Rossii [Issues of criminalization and decriminalization of crimes in the Criminal Code of Russia]. Materialy VI Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii “Problemy sovremennogo zakonodatel’stva Rossii i zarubezhnykh stran” [Proceedings of the VI international scientific and practical conference “Issues of modern legislation in Russia and abroad”]. (Irkutsk, 8 December 2017). In 2 vol. Vol. 2. Irkutsk: All-Russian state university of justice (Russian Law academy of the Ministry of justice of Russian Federation) Publ., 2018, 249 p. (In Russian).
- Will there be polygamy in Chechnya? Rossiiskaya gazeta: federal’nyi vypusk № 3971 [Russian Gazeta: federal issue no. 3971]. Available at: https://rg.ru/2006/01/14/kadyrov-jeny.html (accessed 2 May 2018).
- V Rossii razresheno mnogozhenstvo [In Russia polygamy is allowed]. Available at: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/222270 (accessed 2 May 2018).
- Constitution (Basic Law) of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics: adopted at the extraordinary seventh session of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of the ninth convocation on October 7, 1977. Vedomosti S»ezda narodnykh deputatov SSSR i Verkhovnogo Soveta SSSR [Timesheet of the Congress of People’s Deputies of the USSR and the Supreme Soviet of the USSR], 1977, no. 41, art. 617. (In Russian).
- The Constitution of the Russian Federation (adopted by national referendum on December 12, 1993). Sobranie zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Corpus of legislative acts of the Russian Federation], 2014, no. 31, art. 4398. (In Russian).
- The Criminal Code of the RSFSR (approved by the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR on October 27, 1960). Vedomosti Verhovnogo Soveta Rossíjskoj Sovétskoj Federatívnoj Socialistícheskoj Respúbliki [Timesheet of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR], 1960, no. 40, art. 591. (In Russian).
- Federal Law No. 323-FL of July 3, 2016 «On Amendments to the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation and the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Russian Federation on Improving the Foundation and Order of Release from Criminal Responsibility». Sobranie zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Corpus of legislative acts of the Russian Federation], 2016, no. 27 (Parts II), art. 4256. (In Russian).
- Federal Law of February 7, 2017 No. 8-FL «On Amending Article 116 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation». Sobranie zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii [Corpus of legislative acts of the Russian Federation], 2017, no. 7, art. 1027. (In Russian).
- Engel’s F. Proiskhozhdenie sem’i, chastnoi sobstvennosti i gosudarstva [Engels F. Origin of the family, private property and the state]. Moscow: Gospolitizdat Publ., 1953, 89 p. (In Russian).