Volume 8 (2023), № 1, P. 4–20
[ JURIDICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 310 KB, downloads: 18)
The aim of the work is to study topical issues of operational-search support for the investigation of crimes of a terrorist nature. It is noted that recently there is more and more information of value for operationalsearch activities, as actively developing information technologies contribute to the fact that any human activity is reflected in the information field. However, there is a problem in processing the amount of information. The collected data needs research and detailed study, which is quite difficult to implement. This problem can be solved with the help of modern technologies such as artificial intelligence and neural networks. As a result, the authors of the article note that the purpose of the operational-search support of the investigation of terrorism is to timely provide the investigative body with the actual operational data, other materials, information obtained as a result of the operational-search activities, which are large array of data. They need to be systematized for a comprehensive and detailed study, which is quite possible to optimize with the help of artificial intelligence technology. The conclusion is the judgment that with the help of modern technologies, such as neural networks and artificial intelligence, it is possible to quickly and effectively use data to ensure the investigation and prevention of terrorist crimes.
terrorism, investigation, crime, operational search activities, artificial intelligence, neural
Yuliana A. Evstratova, Alexander A. Shaposhnikov
St. Petersburg Military Order of Zhukov Institute of the National Guard Troops of the Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Shaposhnikov A.A., Evstratova Yu.A. (2023) Prospects for the use of artificial intelligence
technology in operational-search support for the investigation and prevention of crimes of a terrorist nature. Sotsialnaya kompetentnost = Social Competence. Vol. 8. No. 1. P. 40–46. (In Russ.).
- Aminev F.G. (2017) Features of the use of special knowledge as an integral part of the methodology for investigating crimes related to extremism and Pravovoe gosudarstvo: teoriya i praktika = Legal state: theory and practice. No. 3 (49). P. 130- 137. (In Russ.).
- Bazhenov S.V., Pilyushin I.P., Pavlov A.V. (2015) Presentation of the results of operational-search activities to the body of inquiry, investigator or court. Nauchnyi vestnik Omskoi akademii MVD Rossii = Scientific Bulletin of the Omsk Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. No. 3 (58). P. 30-34. (In Russ.).
- Beketova B.K. (2015) Some questions on covert investigative actions in criminal proceedings. Evraziiskii Soyuz Uchenykh = Eurasian Union of No. 4-9 (13). (In Russ).
- Vagapova D.A. (2023) Umnoe oruzhie i monitoring sotssetei: smozhet li II predotvrashchat’ Available from: https://trends.rbc.ru/trends/ social/6169691a9a794774ed3f51d6 (22.01.2023).
- Zhuk O.D. (2016) Prosecutorial supervision at the initial stage of the investigation of criminal cases on crimes of a terrorist nature. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta MVD Rossii = Bulletin of the Moscow University of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. 8. (In Russ.).
- Zaitsev O.A., Pastukhov P.S. (2022) Digital profile of a face as an element of an information technology strategy for investigating crimes. Vestnik Permskogo Yuridicheskie nauki = Perm university herald. Juridical sciences. No. 56. (In Russ.).
- Lukovnikov G.D. (2013) On the issue of using the results of operational-investigative activities in criminal proceedings. Vestnik Udmurtskogo Seriya “Ekonomika i parvo” = Bulletin of Udmurt university. Series Economics and law. No. 3. (In Russ.).
- Nagucheva E.D., Vlez’ko D.A. (2021) Basic requirements for the criminal procedure form of evidence, ensuring their admissibility. Natsrazvitie. Nauka i obrazovanie = National development. Science and education. No. 3 (3). (In Russ.).
- Novokshonov D.V. (2022) On the issue of operational-search support for the investigation of terrorist crimes. Aktual’nye problemy protivodeistviya ekstremizmu i terrorizmu na sovremennom etape: sbornik nauchnykh statei I Vserossiiskoi nauchnoprakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem (Novosibirsk, 17–18 fevralya 2022 goda) = Actual problems of countering extremism and terrorism at the present stage: a collection of scientific articles of the I All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference with International Participation (Novosibirsk, February 17-18, 2022). Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk Military Institute named after General of the Army I.K. Yakovlev of the National Guard Troops of the Russian Federation. P. 196-200. (In Russ.).
- Petrov A.A. (2020) The latest tools of the fourth industrial revolution and digital mechanisms for controlling and managing society. Kronos = Kronos. 8 (46). (In Russ.).
- Petrova P.R. (2023) Kazan killer waited for the second lesson. Available from: https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4804859 (18.01.2023).
- Rossinskii S.B. (2018) The results of operationalsearch activities must be recognized as evidence in a criminal case. Sudebnaya vlast’ i ugolovnyi protsess = Judiciary and criminal procedure. No. 2. (In Russ.).
- Senatov A.V., Chaikovskii A.A. (2016) Some aspects of the use by operational units of the assistance of specialists in the implementation of operational-search activities. Vestnik Kazanskogo yuridicheskogo instituta MVD Rossii = Bulletin of the Kazan Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. No. 4 (26). (In Russ.).
- Strel’chenko V.V. (2021) Legal and tactical features of the use of Internet sources of information in operational-investigative activities and documenting economic and corruption crimes. Zakon i prav = Law and right. 9. (In Russ.).
- Shaposhnikov A.A. (2019) Topical issues of improving criminal legislation in the field of countering terrorism and extremism. Razvitie ugolovnoispolnitel’noi sistemy: organizatsionnye, pravovye i ekonomicheskie aspekty: Sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii v ramkakh mezhdunarodnogo yuridicheskogo foruma “Pravo i ekonomika: natsional’nyi opyt i strategii razvitiya” (Novosibirsk, 23 maya 2019 goda) = Development of the penitentiary system: organizational, legal and economic aspects. Сollection of materials of the international scientific and practical conference within the framework of the international legal forum “Law and Economics: National Experience and Development Strategies” (Novosibirsk, May 23, 2019. Novosibirsk: Novosibirskii gosudarstvennyi universitet ekonomiki i upravleniya. Kuzbasskii institut Federal’noi sluzhby ispolneniya Р. 164-167. (In Russ.).