Volume 4, Number 4, 2019, P. 400–410
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 542 KB, downloads: 524)
The article presents an analysis of the results of sociological studies conducted in the regular monitoring mode (2011–2016) by the questionnaire method in order to study the social problems of young people from among the indigenous peoples of Ugra. The subject of the research was the urgent social problems of youth from among the indigenous minorities of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous okrug – Ugra. To obtain secondary information, tabular data, the Vortex sociological information processing and analysis program were used. In accordance with the purpose of the study, the major social concern of Ugra youth were identified. They are employment and unemployment, the need for the production growth, jobs, non-equilibrium in the labour market in rural areas. All of this makes young people’s employment hard. They need educational development, post-vocational education, and working practices. Family budget incomes are often below subsistence line established in the region that causes the need for social benefits, which are often the main source of cash income of young families. The formation of the personal budget is affected by the conditions in which young countrymen are – limited offers of the local labor market, lack of opportunities for permanent employment. Development of young people’s responsibility for their health requires attention; the alcohol abuse is the pressing problem.
the youth, Ugra, social problems, sociological research, small peoples of the North
Natalia V. Tkachuk, Researcher of Socio-Economic Development and Monitoring Department of budgetary institution, Ob-Ugric Institute of applied research and development, Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia
Tkachuk N.V. (2019) Social problems of the youth of the northern regions (following the sociological researches in Khanty-Mansiysk autonomous okrug – Ugra). Social Competence. Vol. 4. No. 4. P. 400–410. (In Russ.)
- Averin A.N. (2007) [Social problems of the development of the northern regions. Moscow: RAGS. P.16, 86–92. (In. Russ.)
- Gutova S.G., Gutov E.V., Ibragimova O.V. (2014) Youth in the sociocultural space of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra. Nizhnevartovsk: Nizhnevartovskii gosudarstvennyi universitet. P. 189. (In Russ.)
- Zerchaninova T.E. (2002) Social needs of the youth of the North. Sociological Research. No. 9. P. 130–131.
- Loginov V.G., Mel’nikov A.V. (2009) Labour forces and employment of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra: problems and prospects. Ekaterinburg: The Institute of Economics at the Russian Academy of Sciences. P. 51. (In Russ.)
- Loginov V.G. (2011) Regional features of the socioeconomic development of indigenous ethnic groups and traditional industries. Ekaterinburg: Institute of Economics at the Russian Academy of Sciences. P. 191–192. (In Russ.)
- Markhinin V.V., Udalova I.V. (1996 Interethnic community: state, dynamics, interaction of cultures: case studies in areas of traditional northern nature management of the indigenous national and Russian old-timers of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug. Novosibirsk: Nauka. P. 17, 103. (In Russ.)
- Khairullina N.G. (2012) Indigenous peoples of the Tyumen region: a view of a sociologist. Tyumen: Tyumen State Oil and Gas University. P. 181.
- Khaknazarov S.Kh. (2012) Socio-economic problems of the indigenous peoples of the North of the Beloyarsky district of Ugra in the context of sociological research. Strategiya ekonomicheskogo, politicheskogo, sotsiokul’turnogo razvitiya regionov v usloviyakh globalizatsii: materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (g. Berezniki, 6–7 aprelya 2012 g.) = Strategy of economic, political, sociocultural development of the regions in the context of globalization: proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference (Berezniki, April 6–7, 2012 year). Bereznyaki. P. 111–113. (In Russ.)
- Khaknazarov S.Kh. (2013) Sociodynamic analysis of the socio-economic problems of the indigenous peoples of the North of Ugra: the case study of the Nizhnevartovsk region. Korennye malochislennye narody Severa, Sibiri i Dal’nego Vostoka: traditsii i innovatsii: materialy distantsionnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii XI – Yugorskie chteniya (g. Khanty-Mansiisk 20 dekabrya 2012 g.) = Indigenous peoples of the North, Siberia and the Far East: traditions and innovations: proceedings of the distance scientific-practical conference XI — Ugra readings (Khanty-Mansiysk December 20, 2012 year)]. KhantyMansiisk: Tekhnopolis. P. 322–334. (In Russ.)
- Khaknazarov S.Kh. (2014) Ecological and socioeconomic problems of the indigenous peoples of the North in the context of public opinion. Kul’turnye i filologicheskie aspekty genezisa i transformatsii istoricheskikh obshchnostei korennykh narodov Yugry = Cultural and philological aspects of the genesis and transformation of historical communities of the indigenous peoples of Ugra. Tyumen: FORMAT. P.189–213. (In Russ.)
- Khaknazarov S.Kh., Korchina T.Ya., Korchina I.V. (2013) Sociological health factors of the indigenous population of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra. Khanty-Mansiisk: Pechatnyi mir – Khanty-Mansiisk. P. 7. (In Russ.)
- Kharamzin T.G., Khairullina N.G. (2010) Ecological health of the Ob Ugrians. Khanty-Mansiisk: Yugra State University. P. 133, 178–179. (In Russ.)
- Kharamzin T.G., Algad’eva T.M. (2010) The traditional worldview of the Ob Ugrians. Khanty-Mansiisk: Yugra State University P. 4. (In Russ.)