Volume 3, Number 2, 2018, P. 96–103
[ PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 217 KB, downloads: 503)
The article considers the concepts «adaptation», «psychological resources of adaptation», «psychic and nervous stability», «adaptive potential», «communicative abilities». It discusses different approaches to the definition of the concept «adaptive resources» within the framework of the theories of psycho-psychological stress, personal adaptive potential, preventive resource, the principle of «conservation» of resources, etc. Psychological resources are described as certain constructs that can adapt in difficult life situations and they are important for a person. When analyzing the concepts «resource», «psycho-logical resources», akin, not always identical, terms are used which significantly expand the understanding of the phenomenon of interest. Psychological resources are considered as internal and external variables that contribute to psycho-logical stability in stressful situations; they include emotional, sexual motivation, cognitive and behavioral structures, which are actualized at the psychological and psychophysiological levels of regulation to adapt to stressful life situations. The level of stress experienced is analyzed in connection with the adaptation resources of the employees of the rehabilitation center. The comparative analysis of the adaptation resources of two groups of subjects is carried out: with a high and moderate level of stress. It was revealed that psychic and nervous stability, communicative competence are necessary psycho-logical resources that ensure the success of psycho-social adaptation of employees of the rehabilitation center. It was found that under stressful conditions of professional activity there is a correlation between stress level and adaptation resources: the lower the stress level the employees have, the greater resources of adaptation are available to them.
adaptation, professional stress, adaptation resources, psychic and nervous stability, adaptive potential, communicative abilities
Elena I. Finogenko, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor of Sociology and Psychology Department, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Finogenko E.I. A personality’s psychological resources of adaptation to the stressogenic conditions of professional activity. Social Competence, 2018, vol. 3, no 2, pp. 96–103. (In Russian).
- Berezin F.B. Psikhicheskaya i psikhofiziologicheskaya adaptatsiya cheloveka [Mental and psychophysiological adaptation of a person]. Leningrad: Nauka Publ., 1988, 270 p. (In Russian).
- Bodrov V.A. The problem of stress overcoming. P. 2. Processes and resources for stress overcoming. Psikhologicheskii zhurnal [Psychological journal], 2006, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 113–123. (In Russian).
- Vodop’yanova N.E. Psikhodiagnostika stressa [Stress psychodiagnostics]. Saint Petersburg: Piter Publ., 2009, 336 p. (In Russian).
- Nikiforov G.S., Dmitrieva M.A., Snetkova V.M. Praktikum po psikhologii menedzhmenta i professional’noi deyatel’nosti [Tutorial in psychology of management and professional activity]. Saint Petersburg: Rech’ Publ., 2001, 448 p. (In Russian).
- Ivanitskii A.V. Psychological resource as an integral characteristic of the person. Elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal “Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya” [Electronic scientific journal «Current issues of science and education»], 2015, no. 2, part 3. Available at: https://scienceeducation.ru/ru/article/view?id=23894 (accessed 1 March 2018).
- Kulikov L.V. Stress i stressoustoichivost’ lichnosti [Stress and stress resistance of the person]. Teoreticheskie i prikladnye voprosy psikhologii [Theoretical and applied issues of psychology]. Iss. 1. Part 1. Saint Petersburg, 1995, pp. 123–132. (In Russian).
- Maklakov A.G. Personal adaptive potential: its mobilization and forecasting in extreme conditions. Psikhologicheskii zhurnal [Psychological journal], 2001, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 16–24. (In Russian).
- Muzdybaev K. The strategy of coping with life’s difficulties: theoretical analysis. Zhurnal sotsiologii i sotsial’noi antropologii [Sociology and social anthropology journal], 1998, vol. 1, no. 2 (2), pp. 102–112. (In Russian).
- Finogenko E.I. Emotional and vegetative components of mental health of university students. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 8 (79), pp. 116–119. (In Russian).
- Finogenko E.I. Adaptation resources of representatives of flying profession. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2014, no. 6 (89), pp. 299–303. (In Russian).
- Hobfoll St. E. Stress, Culture and Community. New York – London: Plenuv press, 1998, 287 p.