Volume 8 (2023), № 1, P. 101–110
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 448 KB, downloads: 102)
The purpose of this article is to determine and analyze the value of a healthy lifestyle and sports in the system of life values of modern youth on the example of a sociological study conducted by the Ministry of Youth Policy of the Irkutsk region (n=900, 2019) for the annual state report “Youth of the Irkutsk region”. The main methods used in the work were comparative analysis, secondary data analysis, statistical data analysis. The information base of the study was made up of scientific works by Russian and foreign authors on the topic of healthy lifestyle and sports, statistical information and materials of the Federal State Statistics Service, the territorial body of the Federal State Statistics Service for the Irkutsk Region, the Ministry of Sports of the Irkutsk Region, the Ministry of Youth Policy of the Irkutsk Region for the period from 2016 to 2021; the results of sociological studies aimed at determining the role of a healthy lifestyle and sports in the life strategies of modern youth, the main trends and interest in a healthy lifestyle, health promotion, sports, changes in the level of physical activity during COVID-19. As the main conclusions, the provisions on changes in the attitude of modern youth to physical culture and sports, on the necessary connection of sociological research, which often does not address the issue of mental health of young people, with biomedical and with the objectives and results of federal and regional programs and projects were disclosed.
youth, sports, healthy lifestyle, sports infrastructure, state youth policy, value orientations, Irkutsk region
Veronika A. Avilova, Yulia G. Alsaeva, Evgeniya G. Kopalkina
Baikal State University, Irkutsk, Russia
Elena V. Gamayunova
Irkutsk College of Economics, Service and Tourism, Irkutsk, Russian Federation
Avilova V.A., Alsaeva Yu. G., Kopalkina E.G., Gamayunova E.V. (2023) The attitude of modern youth to a healthy lifestyle and sports (on the example of research in the Irkutsk region). Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. Vol. 8. No. 1. P. 101-110. (In Russ.).
- Blagorodova E.A. (2019) Healthy lifestyle of youth: value or fashion trend of identity construction. Kul’tura i tsivilizatsiya = Culture and civilization. Vol. 9. No. 6-1. P. 14-21. (In Russ.).
- Zakharova A.N., Karvunis Yu. A., Kapilevich L.V. (2021) Monitoring and management of health, lifestyle and physical activity of students. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta = Tomsk State University Journal. No. 464. 203-215. (In Russ.).
- Konyakhin I.R. (2020) Physical culture and Christianity. Ryazanskii bogoslovskii vestnik = Ryazan Theological Bulletin. No. 1 (21). P. 153-161. (In Russ.).
- Korobchenko A.I., Lyzhenkova R.S., Golubchikov G.M., Arpent’eva M.R. (2022) Students’ Attitude to Physical Culture and Sports in the Context of Life Activity Strategies. Severnyi region: nauka, obrazovanie, kul’tura = Northern region: science, education, culture. No. 1 (49). P. 61-72. (In Russ.).
- Kul’pin S.V., Savchuk G.A., Yakimova O.A. (2020) Why young people create content about a healthy lifestyle: a factor analysis of thematic blogs. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya: ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye peremeny = The Russian public opinion monitor. No. 2 (156). P. 168-190. (In Russ.).
- Mikhailova T.A., Studenikina E.S., Usova L.V. (2022) The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on changes in the level of physical activity of students in the Krasnodar Territory: based on sociological research. Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya = Theory and Practice of Social Development. No. 2 (168). P. 22-27. (In Russ.).
- Mikhailova T.A., Studenikina E.S., Usova L.V. (2020) Physical education and sports in the daily life of the youth of the Kuban. Obshchestvo: sotsiologiya, psikhologiya, pedagogika = Society: sociology, psychology, pedagogics. No. 5 (73). P. 53-58. (In Russ.).
- Osik V.I., Gulyaeva V.A., Belozerova N.P. (2018) Formation of students’ value attitude to their health and physically active lifestyle. Perspektivy nauki i obrazovaniya = Perspectives of Science and Education. No. 4 (34). P. 227-232. (In Russ.).
- Topekha T.A., Savin D.A. (2019) Sports in a student’s life. Vestnik Permskogo natsional’nogo issledovatel’skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie nauki = PNRPU sociology and economics bulletin. No. 4. P. 78-88. (In Russ.).
- Frolova T.I., Striga E.A. (2020) The readiness of Russian journalists to promote the values of a healthy lifestyle. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya10. Zhurnalistika = Bulletin of Moscow University. Series 10. Journalism. No. 3. P. 29-55. (In Russ.).
- Branquinho L., Forte P., Ferraz R. Pedagogical concerns in sports and physical education for child growth and health promotion // International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022. Vol. 19. No. 13. P. 8128.
- Eriksen I.M., Stefansen K. What are youth sports for? Youth sports parenting in working-class communities // Sport, education and society. 2022. Vol. 27. No. 5. P. 592-603.
- Knoester C., Allison R. US family cultures of sport and physical activity and 15-year olds’ physical activity, sports participation, and subjective health // Leisure Studies. 2022. Vol. 41. No. 4. P. 517-530.
- Van der Veken K., Willems S., Lauwerier E. Health promotion in socially vulnerable youth: sports as a powerful vehicle? // Health Promotion Practice. 2021. Vol. 22. No. 2. P. 275-286.
- Whitley M.A. Using behavioral economics to promote positive youth development through sport // Journal of Sport Psychology in Action. 2022. Vol. 13. No. 2. P. 78-88.