Volume 7 (2022), No. 1, pp. 119–126
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 301 KB, downloads: 82)
The article presents the results of a study of value judgments, markers of ethnic identity of representatives from among the indigenous small-numbered peoples of the North (hereinafter — KMNS) living in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra (hereinafter — Yugra). The respondents were titular ethnic groups (Khanty, Mansi, Nenets) of autochthonous territories — Oktyabrsky, Berezovsky, Kondinsky districts of Yugra. The answers were obtained by the method of questionnaires and mixed questions, as a result of which a hierarchy of the main value components in the life of the represented ethnic groups was built, and also the main ethnomarkers that act in the issue of self-identification of the Ob Ugrians and Nenets Yugra were shown. Statements about family well-being, motherhood, and health were made by the majority of respondents. Ob Ugrians and Nenets showed their affection for their small homeland, the place of their birth. It is noted that in the structure of value judgments, the main positions remain vital («health»»family», «children»), ethnic values («nationality»). It is emphasized that the positive ethnic self-identification is reinforced by a number of ethnomarkers, mainly territorial («native land», «nature» by «its edge»), as well as ethnicity («nationality»).
survey, indigenous peoples, Yugra, values, traditions, self-identification
Natalia V. Tkachuk, Ob-Ugric Institute of Applied Researches and Development, Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
Tkachuk N.V. Values and self-identification of the indigenous peoples of Ugra // Social competence. 2022. Vol. 7. No. 1. pp. 119-126.
- Argamakova A.A. (2019) Views of M.Weber and R. Merton on the nature of scientific values. Cennosti i smysly = Values and Meanings. No. 5. Р. 65-82 (In Russ.)
- The Great Russian Encyclopedia — electronic version. URL: https://bigenc.ru (Accessed: 24 march 2022).
- Butenko N.A. (2021) Ethnic identity of the indigenous peoples of the North in modern conditions: theoretical foundations and the problem of conservation. Manuskript = Manuskript. Р.1409-1414. URL: http://manuscript-journal.ru. (Accessed: 11 february 2022). (In Russ.).
- Guboglo M.N. (2003) Identification of identity: Ethnosociological essays. Moscow: Nauka, Р.764 p. (In Russ.)
- Zhukova I.N. (2013) Dictionary of terms of intercultural communication. Moscow: Flinta: Nauka, 632 р. (In Russ.).
- Perevalova E.V. (2019) Ob-Ugrians and Nenets of Western Siberia: ethnicity and Power. St.Petersburq. 350 р. (In Russ.)
- Belomoeva OG., Kondratenko IuA. (2020) Ethnocultural tradition in the modern world: functional aspect. Finno–ugorskii mir=Finno-Ugric World. No. 4. Р. 447-454. (In Russ.).
- Kortunov S. V. (2009) The formation of national identity: What kind of Russia the world needs: study guide. Aspekt Press. 376 р. (In Russ.).
- Krys’ko V. G. (2004) Ethnic psychology. study guide. Moscow: «Akademiya», 320 р. (In Russ.).
- Ethnopsychology (2014): study guide.B.R. Mandel`. Moscow: FLINTA, URL: http://ru.z-lib.org/ (Accessed: 09 november 2021) (In Russ).
- Oganesyan S. S. (2019) About the concept of «universal values» in the modern world. Cennosti i smysly = Values and Meanings. No. 5. Р. 82-95 (In Russ.)
- Spodina V.I. (2009) Value characteristics of «one’s own land» in the traditional culture of the indigenous peoples of Ugra as a marker of ethnic identity. Vestnik TGU = bulletin of Tomsk state University. No. 328. Р. 77-80 (In Russ.)
- Stefanenko T. G. (1999) Ethnopsychology. Moscow:«Akademicheskij proekt». 320 р.
- Struk E.N., Van Hao (2021) Values of Chinese youth: a theoretical analysis. Social’naya kompetentnost’= Social competence. No. 4. Р. 458 – 466. (In Russ.)
- Tkachuk N.V. (2016) Health in the value system of the youth of the indigenous peoples of the North and factors affecting health (according to the results of sociological surveys). Izhevsk: «Print-2». 214 р. (In Russ.)
- Tkachuk N.V. (2021) Ethnic identity of the indigenous small-numbered peoples of Ugra: a sociological analysis. Social’naya kompetentnost’ = Social competence. No. 1. Р. 142 – 152. (In Russ.).