Volume 5, Number 1, 2020, P. 74–85
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 309 KB, downloads: 286)
One of the most important factors in the socio-economic development of the state is to increase the role and importance of scientific research and the scientific community. In the context of the transformation of science, the ambiguity of the choice of professional guidelines and career growth of young scientists can lead to a systemic crisis in the reproduction of scientific personnel. To study adaptation strategies of young scientists of Bashkortostan Republic, the authors conducted 2 expert sociological studies using the questionnaire method. A total of 150 young researchers and 50 older scientists in Ufa were interviewed. The article presents the results of this work. Special attention is paid to opportunities, barriers and motivation to work in the scientific field. In accordance with the research goals, young scientists of the Republic assessed the reforms and conditions for realizing their scientific and intellectual potential. Moreover, on the basis of statistics the state of the scientific sphere is analyzed including changes in the social and professional structure of scientists, admission and graduation of post-graduate and doctoral students, reduction of dissertation councils. The latter has led to the fact that most postgraduates in the region do not have conditions for defending their dissertations; they have to address to the dissertation councils in other regions. This situation can lead to an imbalance in the reproduction of human resources in certain specialties in the region.
young scientists, region, science, researchers, post-graduate studies, doctoral studies
Elmira I. Akhmetova, researcher, Institute of Strategic Research of the Republic of Bashkortostan, Ufa, Russia
The reported study was funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research according to the research project No. 18-311-00266.
Akhmetova E.I. (2020) Young scientists of the region: opportunities and prospects. Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 74–85. (In Russ.)
- Abdiraiymova G.S. and others. (2013) Young scientists of Kazakhstan: experience in building a scientific career. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya = Sociological Studies. Vol. 2. No. 2. P. 119–129. (In Russ.)
- Ablazhei A.M. (2018) Radical reform of the Russian Academy of Sciences: development, implementation, assessment by the scientific community. Idei i idealy = Ideas and ideals. Vol. 2. No. 1 (35). P. 29–52. (In Russ.)
- Akhmetova Ya.M., Mukhametzyanova L.K. (2013) Young in science: the formation of the young scientist’s. Theory and practice of social development. No. 6. P. 48–50. (In Russ.)
- Artemenko N.A. (2016) Scientific justifiability of expert assessment of effectiveness of the scientific work: in search of lost meaning. Nauchnoe izdanie mezhdunarodnogo urovnya–2016: reshenie problem izdatel’skoi etiki, retsenzirovaniya i podgotovki publikatsii: materialy 5-i Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (Moskva, 17–20 maya 2016 g.)=World-class scientific publication – 2016: publishing ethics, peer-review and content preparation: proceedings of the 5th international scientific and practical conference (Moscow, May 17–20, 2016), Ekaterinburg: Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin. P. 63–73. (In Russ.)
- Dolzhenko R.A. and others (2019) Motivation of young scientists for research activities in Russian regional universities. Obrazovanie i nauka = The Education and Science Journal. Vol. 21. No. 9. P. 122–153. (In Russ.)
- Mironov V.V. (2015) Scientometry as a kind of madness. Available from: http://socratonline.ru/page/naukometrija-kakraznovidnost-bezumija (аccessed 20Yanuary 2020). (In Russ.)
- Osipova O.Yu. (2011) Professional competence, values and social status of young scientists in the region. Regionology. No. 2 (75). P. 140–146. (In Russ.)
- Pankratova E.V. (2015) The human capital of young scientists in Ivanovo. Innovatsionnoe razvitie regionov v usloviyakh globalizatsii: materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (Ivanovo, 3–5 sentyabrya 2015 g.) = Innovative development of regions in the context of globalization: proceedings of the international scientific and practical conference (Ivanovo, September 3–5, 2015). Ivanovo State University. P. 343–347. (In Russ.)
- Polosuhina M.A. (2019) Ambiguous results of reforming of the Russian science Ekonomicheskie i sotsial’nye problemy Rossii = Economic and social problems of Russia. No. 2. P. 110–138. (In Russ.)
- Shabanova M.A. (2006) Economic and sociological analysis of institutional changes (integration opportunities). Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost’ = Social Sciences and modernity. No. 6. P. 65–80. (In Russ.)
- Shuvalova O.R. (2015) Prestige of the scientific profession in the world and in Russia. Naukovedcheskie issledovaniya = Scientific studies No. 1. P. 19–42.
- Sobkin V.S., Andreeva A.I., Rzaev F.R. (2017) Attitude of scientists to the reform of the Russian science of education (based on the materials of a sociological survey). Tsennosti i smysly = Values and meanings. No. 4. P. 34–43. (In Russ.)
- Tikhomirova N.V., Malchenko S.N., Yakimakho A.P. (2015) Knowledge as a factor of production. Statistika i ekonomika = Statistics and Economics. No. 1. P. 111–116. (In Russ.)
- Vasilieva E.V., Sidorkina A.S. (2018) Primorye Scientists on reforming the Russian Academy of Sciences. Sociology of Science and Technology. Vol. 9. No. 3. P. 68–79. (In Russ.)
- Vodostokov Z.N. (2011) Adaptation of young researchers to the modernization and globalization processes. Novye tekhnologii = New technology. No. 4. P. 274–276. (In Russ.)