Volume 4, Number 4, 2019, P. 391–399
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 242 KB, downloads: 269)
The article provides an assessment of the readiness of the Russian higher education sector to the requirements of the national project «Education» that is a strategic planning document for the development of kindergartens, schools, colleges and universities. The document contains specific requirements for the competitiveness of the network of educational institutions for the future until 2024 (place in the world university ratings , teachers’ participation in research and development, the involvement of foreign citizens in the framework of undergraduate / graduate programs, the total digitalization of the training process, etc.). The information base for the research conclusions was the data of an expert survey (2019), in which representatives of teaching staff of the state universities of the Vologda region – Vologda State University, Cherepovets State University, Vologda State Dairy Farming Academy named after N.V. Vereshchagin and Vologda Institute of Law and Economics of the Federal Service for Execution of Punishment of Russia – have taken part. A total of 53 experts were interviewed. The article summarizes the expert assessments regarding the issues raised using the index approach. Based on it, the degree of readiness of universities to achieve specific targeted indicators of the national project is calculated. When summarizing, it was revealed that some of the tasks of the document seem difficultly obtainable to experts due to the divorcement of the reformers from the educational realities. As a result, in the future, the phenomena developed by the «infrastructure of rules» of the national project «Education» (digitalization, competitiveness, etc.) may well transform into inefficient institutional traps.
education, universities, digitalization, metrics, national project, expert survey
Maksim A. Golovchin, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Senior Researcher, Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Vologda Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences”, Vologda, Russia
Golovchin M.A. (2019) Readiness of Russian universities to function in conditions being created by the national project «Education». Social Competence. Vol. 4. No. 4. P. 391–399. (In Russ.)
- Bednyi B.I., Chuprunov E.V. (2019) Modern Russian postgraduate training program: current trends of development. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. No. 3. P. 9–20. (In Russ.)
- Betelin V.B. (2019) Problems and prospects of education in the post-industrial information society. Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Vol. 89. No. 6. P. 582–592. (In Russ.).
- Bodrov A.V. (2018) Is graduation diploma a dissertation? Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii = Higher Education in Russia. No. 7. P. 79–85. (In Russ.)
- Zhuk A.A., Fursa E.V. (2019) Narrative Analysis of Institutional Traps of Education and Science in Russia. Journal of Institutional Studies. Vol. 11. No. 1. P. 176–193. (In Russ.)
- Bondarenko N.V, Gokhberg L.M., Kovaleva N.V. (2018) Education indicators: 2018: statistical compilation. Moscow: National Research University “Higher School of Economics”. 400 p. (In Russ.)
- Kuklin S.V. (2017) Legal culture and legal thinking in the modern society. Bulletin of the South Ural State. Seriya: Pravo. No. 4. P. 75–83. (In Russ.)
- Leonidova G.V., Golovchin M.A. (2019) National project «Education» and its possible impact on the development of human capital. Problems of territory’s development. No. 4 (102). P. 7–25. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.15838/ptd.2019.4.102.1.
- Leonidova G.V., Golovchin M.A., Solov’eva T.S. (2018) A teacher and educational reform: regional outlook. Vologda Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences 178 p. (In Russ.)
- Semenov D.S., Shvabskii A.A., Borodina V.P. (2017) “Qwerty effect” in public administration of the economy. Ekonomika. Pravo. Innovatsii = Economics. Law. Innovations. No. 1(3). P. 28–32. (In Russ.)
- Solovova N.V., Nikolaeva S.V., Dmitriev D.S. (2016) Regulatory support of higher education. Samara: Samara State University. 68 p. (In Russ.)
- Syrykh V.M. (2001) The method of legal regulation of educational law. Law and Education. No. 5. P. 48–66. (In Russ.)
- Tsirel’ S. (2005) “QWERTY-effects”, “Path Dependence” and the law of hierarchical compensations. Voprosy Ekonomiki. No. 8. P. 19–26. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.32609/0042-8736-2005-8-19-26.
- Chetverikova O.N. (2019) Hidden threats of the Russian digital school project. National Education. No.1. P. 9–26. (In Russ.)
- Sheveleva N.A. (2017) Postgraduate training program: synthesis or conflict of science and education? Journal of Russian Law. No. 11 (251). P. 145–157. (In Russ.)
- Sheremet’eva O.Yu. (2014) “Educational-legal» awareness of the subjects of pedagogical legal relations as a result of the adoption of their rights and freedoms. Law and Education. No. 8. P. 4–1. (In Russ.)