Volume 4, Number 1, 2019, P. 72–79
[ SOCIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 341 KB, downloads: 366)
This article examines the effectiveness of the implementation of the departmental special-purpose programme «Organization of internships for graduates of educational organizations to acquire work experience in Irkutsk region» over the period from 2014 to 2018. Its main criteria are the number of graduates sent for internships in order to acquire work experience, and the share of those who were employed at the place of internship. This program is for graduates who could not find job and did not work for one year after graduation from secondary vocational and higher educational institutions. It is emphasized that in addition to the lack of practical experience and low wages the most important reasons for the lack of employment among graduates are also the underdevelopment of the institution of mentoring, the lack of well-organized systemic work with young professionals, as well as the mechanism for their professional and social adaptation, retaining them in work teams. The growth of the unemployment rate among graduates also depends on their low level of awareness of the state of the labor market and the measures taken by the employment centers. It justifies the conclusion that internships during studies in educational institutions and in the direction of employment centers should not be considered separately. Moreover, the organization of internships should be designed in such a way as to be included into the learning process from freshman classes and they should not be financed collectively by the university, enterprises and the regional budget. As shown by the experience of various universities and enterprises, the growth of competitiveness and professional mobility of graduates also contributes to the creation of integrated sites — basic departments, educational centers in enterprises, organizing foreign internships both for students and teachers, as well as changing the approach to internships which should be an independent part of the curriculum, and not be part of on-the-job training.
graduates, employment, internship, Irkutsk region, subsidies, departmental special-purpose programme
Evgenia G. Kopalkina, Cand. Sci. (Philosophy), Associate Professor of Sociology and Psychology Department, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Kopalkina E.G. Traineeship of specialized secondary and higher educational institutions’ graduates as implementation of active employment policy (the case of Irkutsk region). Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. 2019, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 72–79. (In Russ.).
- Bolkhovitina E.N., Rodina G.E., Ugarova Yu.V. Organization of internships for students as a form of interaction between the employer, graduate and university in the employment system. Vestnik altaiskoi nauki [ Altai Science Bulletin], 2015, no. 1 (23), pp. 95–98. (In Russ.).
- Bykov A.V., Vanchikov A.V. Organization of internships — the path to the employment of university graduates. Sbornik statei mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-metodicheskoi konferentsii «Rol’ prepodavatelya v sovremennom vuze» [ Collection of articles of the international scientific and methodological conference «The role of the teacher in a modern university»], 2017, pp. 74–79. (In Russ.).
- Vadova L.Yu. The system of interaction of the university and employers in the future specialiststraining. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental’nykh issledovanii. [International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research], 2016, no. 2–5. pp. 311–315.
- Grakhov V.P., Kislyakova Yu.G. From the experience of foreign internships for students of engineering faculty at IHSTU at the Technical University of Brno]. Obrazovanie i nauka[Education and Science], 2015, no. 2 (121), pp. 86–93. (In Russ.).
- Duduk A.A., Yurgel’ S.I., Sviridov A.V. Internship as an element of improving graduates‘ competence. V sbornike: Perspektivy razvitiya vysshei shkoly[In edited volume: Prospects for the development of higher education], 2018, pp. 234–236. (In Russ.).
- Otchety o deyatel’nosti Ministerstva truda i zanyatosti Irkutskoi oblasti [Reports on the activities of the Ministry of Labor and Employment of Irkutsk Region]. Available at: https://irkzan.ru/content/otchety_o_deyatel’nosti_ministerstva (accessed 07 February 2019). (In Russ.).
- Pechenkina T.I., Kolosova M.V., Petrov E.V., Aleksandrova T.A. Technologies of social work for the employment of higher educational institutions graduates (based on the experience of the employment center of Tomsk and Tomsk region). Nauka, obrazovanie, obshchestvo [Science, education, society], 2016, no. 1 (7), pp. 257–268. (In Russ.).
- Portal monitoringa trudoustroistva vypusknikov Ministerstva obrazovaniya i nauki RF [Portal of monitoring the employment of graduates of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation]. Available at: http://vo.graduate.edu.ru/#/?year=2015&year_monitoring=2016 (accessed 07 Februaru 2019). (In Russ.).
- Rodina G.E., Lyubitskaya V.A. Interaction with the employer as a modern technology to solve employment problems of graduates in the region. Vestnik altaiskoi nauki [ Bulletin of Altai science], 2015, no. 3–4 (25–26), pp. 462–465. (In Russ.).
- Tereshchenko T.M., Pravdikova A.V. Experience of introduction and implementation of joint Russian-Chinese educational programs. Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii [Pedagogical education in Russia], 2016, no. 10, pp. 38–42.
- Timofeeva A.Yu. Some aspects of employment of technical universities graduates. Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Sotsial’no-trudovye otnosheniya i upravlenie chelovecheskimi resursami na sovremennom etape» [Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference «Social and labor relations and human resource management at the present stage»], 2016, pp. 53–61. (In Russ.).
- Urbanaeva E.G. Unemployment prevention technologies. Aksioma: aktual’nye aspekty gumanitarnykh nauk [Axiom: topical aspects of the humanities], 2016, vol. 1, no. 1–1 (1), pp. 54–57. (In Russ.).
- Shkil’ O.S., Osintseva V.S. The specifics of internships for students in a competence-based approach. Materialy Rossiiskoi natsional’noi nauchnoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem «Sovremennye problemy nauki» [ Materials of Russin national scientific conference with international participation «Modern problems of science»], 2017, pp. 115–117. (In Russ.).
- Shukenbaeva A.A. Napryazhennost’ na rynke truda molodezhi: tendentsii i metody regulirovaniya [Tensions in the youth labor market: trends and methods of regulation] Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya [Theory and practice of social development], 2016, no. 7, pp. 60–66. (In Russ.).