Volume 3, Number 4, 2018, P. 36–40
[ PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 194 KB, downloads: 420)
The development of students’ creative activity in foreign language classes is of current importance in non-linguistic universities. It relates to the solution of fundamentally new problems aimed at the need to solve problem-based situations that require non-standard creative approach. The article examines the concept «creativity», and «creative thinking». It states that improving students’ creative activity in the university is possible through organizing such an educational process model that involves a structural and content-related change of foreign language classes. Development of creative abilities acts as a guarantee that the future specialist will be able to navigate and find solutions in non-standard situations and issues of the future professional activity. Various types of students’ creative activities in the learning process are analyzed. The authors present modern foreign languages teaching methods that require independent acquisition of knowledge and their creative use. The special attention is paid to the role of pedagogical technologies contributing to significant increase in the quality of education and heightening students’ interest in foreign language learning. It is concluded that in order to reveal the creative abilities of students, it is necessary to address to their emotional qualities. The process of creative thinking may emerge spontaneously or be constructed by the teacher. This is a manifestation of such personal-individual qualities of a student as an interest in obtaining deep knowledge, involvement in creative and scientific research activities.
creativity, creative activity, creative thinking, cognitive activity, pedagogical conditions, cognitive independence
Natalya E. Gorskaya, Cand. Sci. (Psychology), Associate Professor of Foreign Languages Department No 1 for Engineering Fields of Study, Institute of Linguistics and Cross-cultural Communications, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Ekaterina Yu. Kholdeyeva, Senior Lecturer of Foreign Languages Department No 1 for Engineering Fields of Study, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Gorskaya N.E., Kholdeyeva E.Yu. Development of university students’ creative activity in foreign language classes. Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. 2018;4(3):36–40. (In Russ.).
- Bahtin M.M. Estetika slovesnogo tvorchestva [The aesthetics of verbal creativity]. Moscow: Iskusstvo Publ., 1979, 423 р. (In Russian).
- Glyzina V.E., Gorskaya N.E., Belousova E.S. The ways to improve the creative activity of students in the English language classes. Izvestiya Irkutskoj gosudarstvennoj ekonomicheskoj akademii [News of Irkutsk State Economic Academy], 2015, vol. 6, no. 3. DOI: 10.17150/2072- 0904.2015.6(3).39. (In Russian).
- Druzhinin V.N. Psihologiya obshchih sposobnostej [Psychology of general abilities]. Sankt-Peterburg: Piter Publ., 1999, 368 р. (In Russian).
- Kudryavcev T.V. Problemnoe obuchenie: istoki, sushchnost’, perspektivy [Problem- based learning: origins, essence, perspectives]. Moscow: Znanie Publ., 1991, 80 р. (In Russian).
- Leont’ev A.N. Izbrannye psihologicheskie proizvedeniya [Selected psychological works]. In 2 volume. Vol. 1. Moscow: Pedagogika Publ., 1983, 392 р. (In Russian).
- Lerner I.Ya. Didakticheskie osnovy metodov obucheniya [Didactic basics of teaching methods]. Moscow: Pedagogika Publ., 1981, 186 р. (In Russian).
- Matyushkin A.M. Problemnye situacii v myshlenii i obuchenii [Problem-based situations in thinking and learning]. Moscow: Pedagogika Publ., 1972, 208 р. (In Russian).
- Mahmutov M.I. Sovremennyj urok [Modern lesson]. Moscow: Pedagogika Publ., 1985, 184 р. (In Russian).
- Ponomarev Ya.A. Psihologiya tvorchestva [Psychology of creativity]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1976, 304 р. (In Russian).
- Rogonov P.P. Not by knowledge alone: about students’ spiritual and moral training. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia], 1996, no. 4, рр. 58–65. (In Russian).
- Uznadze D.N. Psihologicheskie issledovaniya [Psychological studies]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1966, 452 р. (In Russian).