Volume 3, Number 3, 2018, P. 25–34
[ PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 208 KB, downloads: 444)
The article is devoted to the development of the creative personality of schoolchildren. The problem of the creative activity of the child in the educational process has become topical at the beginning of the previous century and is still the subject of study of many teachers and psychologists. At the beginning of our work, we analyze the concepts of “creative abilities”, “creative potential”, “creative activity” that take on new meanings in connection with the implementation of the federal state educational standard. The article presents the structure of the school chemistry program in detail, examines the potential of the content in terms of the influence of the process of creative tasks solution on the development of the student’s personality. The structure of the school subject should include some forms of training activities aimed at developing students’ skills of creative activity. Our study showed that creative tasks solution in the process of teaching chemistry takes significant place. The article demonstrates the creative tasks we have chosen to study one of the topics of the school chemistry program “The main classes of inorganic compounds”, and provides a list of several tasks suggested students to solve. To test the effectiveness of their use in chemistry class, a survey was conducted twice to identify the degree of formation of creative abilities of the eighth grade students, before study of the chosen topic and after introduction of the major compounds classes. The results of the survey have been improved significantly after the approbation of the developed system of creative tasks. The study showed that the use of the proposed collection of creative tasks is an effective means of enhancing the learning and cognitive activity of students in the classroom, contributes to the formation of their creative skills to explore, evaluate, discover the essence of chemical phenomena, processes, laws and methods of cognition.
creative abilities, creative potential, personal development, metadisciplinary learning outcomes, chemistry school program, the content of the academic subject
Olga V. Romanova, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Biological Education Theory and Methodology Department, South Federal University, Rostov-on-don, Russia
Romanova O.V. Content opportunities of chemistry program for development of schoolchildren’ creative personality. Sotsial’naya kompetentnost’ = Social Competence. 2018;3(3):25–31. (In Russ.).
- Buraya I.V., Aranskaya O.S. Integration of knowledge and skills as a condition for creative self-development of the individual. Khimiya v shkole [Chemistry at school], 2001, no. 10, pp. 23–32. (In Russian).
- Vygotskii L.S. Voobrazhenie i tvorchestvo v detskom vozraste [Imagination and creativity in childhood]. Saint Petersburg: Soyuz Publ., 1997, 96 p. (In Russian).
- Kozlov V.V., Kondakov A.M. Fundamental’noe yadro soderzhaniya obshchego obrazovaniya. Standarty novogo pokoleniya [The fundamental core of the content of general education. New generation standards]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie Publ., 2009, 48 p. (In Russian).
- Korotyaev B.I. Uchenie – protsess tvorcheskii. Kniga dlya uchitelya: iz opyta raboty [Learning is a creative process. The teacher’s book: from work experience]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie Publ., 1989, 158 p. (In Russian).
- Lyamin A.N. Integral educational tasks in teaching chemistry in modern school. Nauchnometodicheskii elektronnyi zhurnal “Kontsept” [Scientific-methodical electronic journal «Concept».], 2013, no. 10, pp. 96–100. Available at: https://e-koncept.ru/2013/13210.htm (accessed September 10, 2018).
- Primernye programmy po uchebnym predmetam. Khimiya 10–11 klassy: standarty vtorogo pokoleniya [Sample programs of academic subjects. Chemistry for 10-11 grades: standards of the second generation]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie Publ., 2011, 88 p. (In Russian).
- Primernye programmy po uchebnym predmetam. Khimiya 8–9 klassy: standarty vtorogo pokoleniya [Sample programs of academic subjects. Chemistry for 8-9 grades: standards of the second generation]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie Publ., 2012, 92 p. (In Russian).
- Romanova O.V. Development of students’ creative abilities while preparing them for remote chemical olympiads. Distantsionnoe i virtual’noe obuchenie [Distance and virtual learning], 2017, no. 5, pp. 72–81. (In Russian).
- Federal’nyi gosudarstvennyi obrazovatel’nyi standart osnovnogo obshchego obrazovaniya [Federal State Educational Standard of Basic General Education]. Available at: http://www.school7keys.com/files/File/2015/10/18/Federal_nij_gosudarstvennij_obrazovatel_nij_standart_osnovnogo_obshego_obrazovaniya_ot_17_dekabrya_2010.pdf (accessed September 10, 2018).
- Chalaya G.V. Sistema raboty s odarennymi det’mi na urokakh khimii i vo vneurochnoi deyatel’nosti [The system of working with gifted children in chemistry classes and in extracurricular activities]. Minsk, 2008, 44 p. (In Russian).