Volume 3, Number 2, 2018, P. 54–61
[ PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES ]
Article (file: pdf, size: 239 KB, downloads: 504)
The article is devoted to the distance model of teaching foreign languages in higher education in the sociocultural context, which is aimed at forming the core of the students’ communicative competence, their moral mindset by means of learning foreign cultures in comparison with the native culture using computer technology. It considers and emphasizes the issue of organization of interaction between students and a tutor with a distance form of instruction taking into account the personality-oriented approach to learning, in which the teacher’s effort is directed toward the formation of the learner’s search activity and development of divergent thinking. Special feature of the discipline «Foreign Language» is its activity basis that provides the formation of linguistic and speech skills of each student due to the special organization of exercises and practical assignments in the relevant form of speech activity. The purpose of the article is to consider the features of communication in the distance learning process through the example of training course «Foreign Language» developed in Irkutsk National Research Technical University in GEKADEM system. The article is of relevance due to the growing demand for the distance learning courses and programs including foreign languages from the society. The novelty of the article lies in description of one of the distance learning courses successfully applied in Irkutsk National Research Technical University. The theoretical significance and practical value of the study is explained by the fact that the organized communication format in this course can be used in the development of other electronic courses. When working at the article, the author applied the survey method (group survey) in order to receive feedback on distance education. The material for the study includes the open data of social networks, the Regulations of the Ministry of Education and the Government.
distance learning, electronic resource, types of communication, communication peculiarities, correspondence nature of communication, tutors, the system “GEKADEM”
Irina S. Bashmakova, Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor of Foreign Languages Department no. 1 of Institute of Linguistic and Intercultural Communication, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk, Russia
Bashmakova I.S. Communication organization in distance form of training (based on the work experience in the system “GEKADEM”). Social Competence. 2018, vol. 3, no 2, pp. 54–61. (In Russian).
- Bashmakova I.S. Innovative technologies and learning tools to form technical students’ interest in studying foreign languages. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 8 (79), pp. 255–259. (In Russian).
- Bogomolov A.N. Setevoi interaktivnyi kurs distantsionnogo obucheniya: iz opyta sozdaniya programmnogo obespecheniya [Internet-based interactive distance-learning course: an experience of developing the program shell]. Materialy dokladov XVI Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii “Primenenie novykh tekhnologii v obrazovanii” [Materials of XVI International Conference “Application of new technologies in education]. (Troitsk, June 28–29, 2005), Troitsk, pp. 215–218. Available at: http://www.ict.edu.ru/ft/004676/sec3.pdf (accessed 3 March 2018).
- Distantsionnoe obuchenie [Distance learning]. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Дистанционное_обучение (accessed 23 February 2018).
- Mikheeva Yu.A. Web-forum as a speech genre of virtual communication. Interaktivnaya nauka [Interactive Science], 2016, no. 3, pp. 120–125. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/veb-forum-kakrechevoy-zhanr-virtualnoy-kommunikatsii (accessed 25 April 2018).
- Polat E.S. Distantsionnoe obuchenie [Distance learning]. Moscow: Mysl’ Publ., 1998, 192 p. (In Russian).
- Popova N.E., Chikova O.A. Technologies of distance learning as an innovation in the course of implementation of educational standards of new generation. Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University], 2014, pp. 17–26. https://doi.org/10.15293/2226-3365.1402.02. (In Russian).
- Rozhina L.V., Karpukova A.L., Sladkova A.V. Sovremennye pedagogicheskie tekhnologii [Modern pedagogical technologies]. Irkutsk: Irkutsk State University, 2006, 191 p. (In Russian).
- FGOS VO spetsial’nosti 45.03.02: Lingvistika (utverzhden prikazom Ministerstva obrazovaniya i nauki Rossiiskoi Federatsii 7 avgusta 2014 g. № 940) [Federal State Educational Standard for Higher Education in the major 45.03.02: Linguistics (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No. 940 of August 7, 2014]. Available at: http://classinform.ru/fgos/45.03.02-lingvistika.html (accessed 13 March 2018).